Friday, February 29, 2008

Love Has Completeness

Reading through to the end of 1 Corinthians 13, I was struck by the words in verse 10 about the Complete. That is God; that is Love. Looking up the word "complete" in the dictionary, I found it to mean "having all necessary parts, elements, or steps ... highly proficient ...fully carried out". So what does Love (God) have? Everything. Completeness and wholeness. And what is not complete Love/God does not have, and does not want.

Before I could get too far down the path of thinking "well, I guess then he wouldn't want me, because I'm far from complete and whole", my eye was drawn to the rest of the verse. When the Complete arrives, our incompletes will be canceled. When we call to him, he will answer (Jeremiah 33:3). He arrives. That's some Good News!
-Candice

No comments: