Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Love Song 2

Candice's post...

During the first few days after the birth of each of my boys, I "composed" a simple love song for each of them. Every night that we have been together for the past 7 and 9 1/2 years, I have sung what they call their "special song" to them. If I'm not the one to tuck them into bed, they always ask for me to come up and sing their "special song". I never get tired of singing it. I am always so glad they ask.

That was Jesus' response when I asked what his love song for me was. "I'm so glad you asked". Below are some of the words in his song to me. And just as I have a special song for each of my children, he has a special song for each of us.

When I look at you, I smile.
I dance to the beat of your heart.

I created you with such care
You are the delight of my heart.

I love it when you call my name
I am nearer than your next heartbeat.

I love looking into your eyes
And sharing the treasures of heaven with you.

No comments: