Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Love Songs

The question in the journal for today asks what Jesus' love song to me would be about?
It's not a very comfortable thing to ponder...seems a little presumptuous to think Jesus would sing a love song to ME! It's kind of like when someone asks you to share your strengths. Ask me to share my weaknesses and I'll talk for a long time, but my strengths...I don't know if I should be able to share that so confidently.

I think that must make Jesus just a little sad....he's singin' all these great little love songs, but no one can accept them? or share them? we falsely think THAT would be prideful...but no....when Jesus sings a love song...then by golly, it's a good one...not just one of those cheesy, schmaltzy ones!!

So can I share the words Jesus would/did use in a love song to me??? (you'll have to imagine the tune)

I conceived you in love.
Never an impulse or an after thought...a mistake.
I conceived you in love

My thoughts about you fill my heart, and overflow. You're my delight.
I look at you and smile
I'm not disappointed, no not disappointed.

Come and find yourself in my love.
Let's get lost in that love together.
You'll not be disappointed, you'll not regret...
My heart gets filled with you...daughter of mine....
and so let me fill you too!

end of song!

Two lines really hit me. First, that I was conceived in love...not sure why, but that really hits me.
And...lately he keeps saying he's not disappointed. I can't figure this one out for the life of me because believe me, there's plenty I THINK to be disappointed about. But HIs love seems to be blind to all that! What a great love!

That's it for now!

Darlene

3 comments:

Seeds iPray Team said...

Thanks Dar, for sharing your love song! It would be great to see a collection of love songs that Jesus has for the Seeds community. I encourage everyone reading this to share your love song ... even a line or two, even a word.
-Candice

Deb Ermter said...

'NOTHING COMPARES TO YOU'
Sinead O'Connor
Ya I know :) wierd eh?

I sang this song night after night in a band years ago, before I knew Him. One night as I sang I started to feel an intense longing, so intense I began weeping.
Every time a sang it after that, the same thing would happen.
2 months later I was saved, and He spoke to me about that song.
He said, "I missed you even more than you missed me"


It's been seven hours and fifteen days
Since you took your love away
I go out every night and sleep all day
Since you took your love away
Since you been gone I can do whatever I want
I can see whomever I choose
I can eat my dinner in a fancy restaurant
But nothing ...
I said nothing can take away these blues,
'Cause nothing compares ...
Nothing compares to you

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song ...


I realized that Jesus had been reaching out to touch my heart through a most 'unlikely' venue..
He really is amazing isn't He?

Ann said...

Tues.,Feb.19 "Will you follow me?"
I wrote in my journal:
Jesus I want to follow you.I want to live a life of truth, honesty, openness, and love and compassion for others. I want to never do or say anything to hurt others, but rather to cherish and lift up, to see others as your beloved and to exhort them to wholeness.
In the past this has caused me to be a doormat, and because of fear of retribution to not hold others accountable for their actions. In a situation recently, I heard You say "I want you to stand up for yourself." I need You to show me the line between holding others accountable and being selfish. I need You to show me how to defend myself, not out of selfishness or anger, but rather out of love.
How can I follow You in this?
How do I hold others accountable without being self righteous?
Why must I do this? I need your help Jesus.

After praying this again the following morning, I opened my devotional for Feb.20, and the key verse for that day was my answer.

Acts 26:18 To open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.

I was drawn to a few lines I had written in my bible at another time, and I now turned the into a short poem as follows:

He has given me an empty quiver,
Left me defenseless,
an easy target,
without a weapon.

But He has kept the arrows,
For when they come against me,
His aim is straight
and His mark is sure.
I need not fear.

Ann Miller