Thursday, February 21, 2008

What to release?

Today's question...what to release???? A while ago a trusted intercessor (which is just a fancy word for someone who knocks on God's door for others through prayer) gave me a word. "Darlene, it's time to lay it down." Lay what down, I asked? That's it...no further instruction, just that it was time to lay it down, or release it. I must admit it created anxiety at first, simply because I wasn't sure what 'IT' was. And I really wanted to know! So that took me on a long, good journey of releasing. There ended up being one big thing I needed to lay down, which I won't go into today, but it's something I could do every day and there would be something I'm sure!! At the top of the list often are...control, fear,envy, insecurity, my way...the list could go on. They have insidious ways of getting into my heart and mind and what's worse, they can almost go undetected because they're not always blaring in my face. They just seep below the surface.

I've felt quite sick this winter...a record number of colds, the flu, etc. I'm tired of not feeling well. Today, when I prayed and asked God what I need to release, what I hear is to release the DEMAND to be better. It's not that it's wrong to pray for my body to feel well - I'm doing that!! And I get the green light to keep doing that. It's the "virus" in me that DEMANDS life to go my way, and the destructive anger that rises when it's not happening the way I want it to. "If I'm not better then everyone's going to be miserable, because I'm miserable" (sorry family!). So...I give up my demand to feel well and the behaviour it produces.

YOU????

Darlene

No comments: