Saturday, April 5, 2008

Share Your Prayers

Yesterday there was a message in my inbox with the subject line: To Candice, From Jesus. The sender is a friend in Ontario whom I have not seen nor talked to in quite some time. My heart skipped a beat and I smiled as I opened the message and began to read.

She had been praying for me. She asked Jesus what he wanted to say to me today and it was a wonderful message of encouragement and friendship. There was scripture to go with it, too. It spoke exactly to where I've been at lately. It affirmed some things that I have been praying into for others, and now it was turned toward me. What a gift. It was like water to my soul.

I'm grateful that my friend was remembering me in this way. And even more grateful that she put in the extra effort to send me those words.

If you've ever been privileged to know how someone has been praying for you, you'll understand how encouraging this feels. If you've ever prayed on behalf of someone, whether they know it or not, don't hesitate to pass on any Good News or encouraging words to them. It could make all the difference in how they feel about themselves and how the rest of their day goes. It's just incredibly faith-building. So be bold. Share your prayers.
-Candice

No comments: