Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ontario Elf

Hmmmm...seems I too received an email "from Jesus" from a lovely Ontario friend. I had an experience very similar to you Candice. It is so encouraging to receive words and prayer from others. I wrote her words in my journal and look at them frequently. Seemingly, time does not wear them out. The key for me is to receive these words, to allow them to live and take root. I have not been good at this receiving thing in the past, but as I am receiving this friend's word, it has been such a healing balm of Truth and True Encouragement.

On the other end of things, I love encouraging and praying for others but often struggle with feelings of, "Am I smothering them?" "Will they think I'm weird because I always seem to have words to share?" "Will others think I'm just trying to gain affirmation" Ugh. This is very "me" focused.

So Candice, your post spoke right into these "me" thoughts and encouraged me to send off an email I was debating on sending.

-Andrea

No comments: