Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Moving Forward

Today’s prayer journal question and my scripture reading for the day seemed to line up nicely.

Today's journal question: Jesus, what is drawing my gaze to you, and keeps me moving forward? To this I felt the Lord speaking to me about the soil of my heart. With fertilizers such as grace, acceptance, and forgiveness for self and others, it seems I am better equipped to keep moving forward.

“Let your eyes look directly forward, and your gaze be straight before you.”

Proverbs 4:25

-Andrea

2 comments:

Annika said...

Today's moving forward requires a profound Trust. Can we comprehend such a deep, full trust? I have been reflecting on some of my families legacy of trust in God in the midst of very trying times. This is the trust my parents often invited me to rely on. Often I found it too "simplistic"...it even angered me when my mom would consistently tell me to "just trust in God"

As I grow older, and hear more of the story of her life, I realize the depth of that trust, that it was simple, but NEVER simplistic.
I now realize the deep wells from which that Trust came!

Tonight we celebrate that deep Trust in the garden, when Jesus felt the enormity of what would be done to him...and although he had the "power" to stop it, chose to trust His loving Father to carry Him through...and carry ALL of us through...to LIFE! Thank you Jesus!

Darlene

Seeds iPray Team said...

realized after the previous comment was posted that it was listed under "Annika"...the post was in fact me...Darlene...not Annika!!

Just in case there was confusion as to the "language" of an 11 year old!!

Darlene