Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Read the signs



Every few months, this sign is posted outside our local bar and grill in town. I've been looking at it from "outside the box" this past year, not because I want a waitressing job, but because the words are taking on a new meaning for me.

Help wanted. Apply in rest. I've been growing in awareness lately of rest being a starting point in so many areas. So many things come out of rest. And not just the resting my body type of rest, though that's good too. But resting my heart, my mind, my soul. Taking on a posture of quiet, of waiting for the still small voice of God. I was struck by the thought the other day that a moving vessel is hard to pour into.

Then there are the opening words, help wanted. That's different than saying help needed. If I want help, I've already identified that I need help, but wanting help means being open to being helped. And to be helped ... well I guess I'll have to apply in rest.
-Candice

1 comment:

Annika said...

sweet candice!! that hits the spots jesus has been pressing in me too!! thanks for that! good confirmation!

dar